Old August 28th 06, 03:41 AM posted to alt.child-support,can.legal,can.politics,soc.men
ABarlow

Default Low Income Fathers, Child Support and Economic Oppression

Hyerdahl wrote:
Meldon Fens wrote:

Actually, the child's "best interests" are determined on a case by case
basis and sometimes it is NOT in a child's "best interests" to see
their fathers. Fathers who are abusive or negligent are certainly in
that category. Govts. only have so much money for social services
and children will get that money long before fathers do.

Sometimes it is not in the child's best interest to see their mothers
either, but despite the fact that women are at least as likely to abuse
children as men (women are actually considerably higher in terms of
negligence and physical abuse, IIRC), women still seem to end up
winning ~95% of custody cases. To the best of my knowledge, I have yet
to hear any authority explain why this is the case.

A.