Old April 30th 09, 05:35 PM posted to soc.support.fat-acceptance,misc.kids,alt.support.diet,alt.support.diet.low-carb,alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
Stephanie[_4_]

Default The Worst Restaurant Foods for Kids

The Master wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Stephanie wrote:

You assume wron when you assume that people who eat healthy food
deem it boring OR dreadful.

If you like food I think is boring, fine... I'm not calling you an
ignorant slob for liking food I won't touch. But in the case of those
that show rabid hate for the obese, the other way around cannot be
said.

You know what strikes me... The group that keeps getting xposted to ww is
called something something fat.ACCEPTANCE. But what that really seems to
mean that facts and realities surrounding the *risks* of being fat need to
be squelched at all costs. Things like not every fat person gets type 2
diabetes becomes an argument that a fat person's risk does not, in fact go
UP for type 2 diabetes. Which is darn right weird. Will YOU get type 2
diabetes? Or joint issuses? Or heart disease? Stroke? Cancer? Liver disease?
Gall bladder disease? Youo may not. But what a freaking long list! Not
everyone gets these diseases and non-obese people do too are not really very
cogent arguments about the risk that any individual will goes up
dramatically depending on the level of obesity, the disease and other
factors. Pretending that fact does not exist does not exists does not
further your fat accepance cause, if you ask me.

Fat people have every right to be fat. That is thei choice. And as such, I
guess you could say that I, for one, accept fat. But be truthful fer pete's
sake.