Old June 6th 06, 08:17 PM posted to misc.kids

Default keeping a playgroup together

wrote:
-- We talked about meeting in the afternoons, but most of the
3-year-old nap then. Many people have younger kids too, who will be
napping for years to come.

When preschool started, our playgroup switched around. Several of us
took the opportunity to join a healthclub that had babysitting service
for our younger kids. We'd drop the older ones at preschool, head to
the health club, pop the younger child into babysitting, and work out
together. Boy, did we all get fit! :-)

Then once a week, we'd pick up the children at preschool afterwards,
and head out for lunch (packed picnic lunch or at someplace like
McD's), before heading home for the kids' naps.

Eventually the older children gave up their naps, at which point we
began getting together in the afternoons. Younger napping children got
put into a remote bedroom in pack 'n plays or infant carriers or on the
bed. Younger kids got really used to napping anywhere.

jen