Old April 16th 09, 03:39 AM posted to misc.kids
dejablues[_4_]

Default Allergies

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
took dog training classes through the Girl Scouts to learn to handle a
dog. Even though I had a Shetland Sheepdog which is not as big or
vigorous as a Porty. DH thinks the First Family will have a problem
because Michelle obviously does not know how to handle a dog and those
kinds of dogs need a firm hand.

Shelties are herding dogs, PWDs are working dogs, and they have very
different temperaments and training needs. Shelties, loveable though they
are, are not the brightest bulbs on the tree.
Bark! Run in circles! Try to herd something! Oh, did you want something?
Repeat!

A "firm hand" can be a bad thing with a sensitive, highly intelligent dog
like a PWD unless it is tempered with a calm and sensitive approach. You
can't let them get away with stuff, but you can't be a dominatrix.
I wouldn't worry about Mrs. Obama. She knows how to get the proper help if
she needs it.