Old August 12th 03, 03:12 PM
toto

Default Dealing with "mommy dearest"

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:32:21 -0600, "Ali's Daddie"
wrote:

I am livid with my mother!

Some of you kind of know a little of the background with my mom.

Les, have you read Toxic Parents Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy
and Reclaiming your Life by Susan Forward? Since you are attempting
to have a relationship with someone who abused you in childhood,
it seems to me that you need strategies to change how you react to
her before you can be an adult in this situation instead of reverting
to patterns of behavior you learned well as a child.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits