Old June 27th 08, 04:48 PM posted to misc.kids
Banty

Default Is this alright??

In article 3J69k.53995$gc5.3474@pd7urf2no, xkatx says...

"xkatx" wrote in message
I have a friend that does a number of questionable things... in the past
and now.

snip

So, it seems that I'm not out to lunch with how I'm thinking about this
friend and what she's doing.
One thing that a few have mentioned, I didn't even think of... How *can* a
person just go on demand? I haven't heard of anyone doing that.
It's funny (well, not really funny) that she was saying something about
giving him a laxative because he's "all gummed up" - hm... I wonder why.
It's a little disturbing when on the phone and the kid is just absolutely
screaming over this whole thing. The kids' dad, she told me, won't sit with
him when he's on the potty (and what they have is a potty seat on their main
floor toilet, although he will use a regular toilet if there's no potty seat
to pee) and how he'll sit for maybe 5 mins with the kid then if he doesn't
go in those few mins, he's sent away (and NOT really in a nice, "Ok, you
didn't go this time, maybe next time we'll try again") and then she tells
her DH that SHE doesn't want to change poopy diapers anymore and he's not
home all day to deal with it so why would he care?
DD1 is the same age as this little guy, and quite frankly, I might feel the
same if there was a poopy diaper 5 or 6 times a day like a small baby, but
what's once a day, or maybe twice a day every now and then?
He's not in daycare or anything similar... They actually don't even really
leave the house (this is a whole other story, though)
She said something that she has called the 24 hour health nurse line about
his training and she was disgusted when they told her basically the same
thing - he'll go when he's ready and no, they don't recommend forcing it in
any way.

I dont' usually advise this, but I would say something along the lines of, yes,
the nurse is right.

I sure as heck would have a hard time standing by and watching this.

Banty