Old April 18th 05, 03:24 PM
punctuation

Default Huffy portable basketball goal - any good?

We're looking for a good but inexpensive basketball hoop/system for our
two kids. They're mildly interested in basketball, though not
particularly good, and would probably use the thing just a few hours per
week.

http://tinyurl.com/d97dm is a Target ad for a $65 Huffy system. Can't
beat the price. But...

$65 is less than half what I've seen asked for any other portable hoop
system. Is this thing a piece of junk? And I don't understand the
physics. You have a ten-foot pole sticking into the air, and a tiny
base on the ground. I can't figure out how it could ever be stable,
unless it comes with an elephant to sit on the base. And reading the
amazon.com reviews of a different (and more expensive) Huffy portable
hoop system, there were lots of references to it being hard to assemble,
rife with missing or misfitting parts, often with comments like "typical
for Huffy."

I don't expect anyone reading this has this particular system, but if
so, I'd really like to read your impressions.

And I'd also like to hear from anyone who has an inexpensive portable
basketball hoop, about how easily the thing was assembled, and how
stable the hoop and pole were once the thing was installed.