Old October 30th 10, 02:38 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.health,misc.kids.health
dr_jeff

Default Vaccine Dangers and Vested Interests --Jon Rappaport talks toretired vaccine researcher

On 10/29/10 9:26 PM, Steelclaws wrote:
wrote in
:

On 10/29/10 7:17 PM, Steelclaws wrote:
wrote in
news
There is an increase in autism.
There is an increase in vaccination.
Therefore a correlation.

Your logic is faulty.

There is an increase of ice-cream sales in Scandinavian countries.
There is an increase of deaths by drowning deaths in Scandinavian
countries.
No correlation.

My understanding of the word "correlation" is two things that happen
in tandem or simultaneously. They don't have to prove that they are
connected, merely that they happen at the same rate.

So selling more ice-cream causes more deaths by drowning, according

your logic... Not in real life.

Or, drowning causes more ice cream sales.

There has to be a mechanism for causation to work.

That's what I'm trying to explain to carole, but she's not getting it.

You're not going to convince Carole or Jan Drew of anything. Both lack
have the ability to do any independent thinking. They're both true
believers.

The people to whom I really am speaking are thinking people who have
heard misinformation about vaccines and still have an open mind.

Jeff