Old July 24th 06, 03:18 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,alt.kids-talk,soc.culture.usa
Fred Goodwin, CMA

Default AGREED build tree houses with your kids

arze wrote:

I built a treehouse with my 6 and 8 year old sons over the past
month. Besides the preparations, being outside, and working hard.
My sons sense of self has skyrocketed. All the neighbors want to
come over and play in their treehouse with them. Its a project
which never stops. the kids are always thinking what they can add,
a table, a chair, a pulley, a swing, decorations. This beats
computergames by 1000%, as long as YOU have the patience. Its
worth it also for you.

My son and I started a treehouse last summer. He and his friends were
very excited about it, and all of them pitched-in to help. We got
about 75% of the way done with it, when I received a cease and desist
notice from our neighborhood association.

It seems a neighbor complained that the treehouse violated his privacy
(he was concerned that the kids could see through the trees into the
windows and doors of his home). We had to undo all the work we had
done -- and I still can't get rid of the lumber.

All it took was one neighbor complaining to ruin the fun for my son and
his buddies.