Old April 25th 07, 11:50 PM posted to misc.kids
Donna Metler

Default My 3.4 yr old ds says NO to potty training

I'd also find out if he's as eager to go to camp as you are. If he is
uncertain, and knows that no potty training=no camp, well, you've given him
an out without admitting why. And that could explain the balking.

And, FWIW, there are programs for 3 yr olds which don't require toilet
training, they're just harder to find. My 2 1/2 yr old is going into a older
2s/3s program this summer which is largely 2 yr olds who are a bit too
verbal and too "old" to be happy with young 2s and 3s who aren't potty
trained yet. They do mostly the same stuff as the 3 yr old class, but have a
lower ratio and the expectation is that the kids will be working on toilet
training.