Old May 19th 04, 04:26 AM
Angela Schepers

Default I do miss being pregnant!

So far, I'm really not missing being pregnant. I guess I'm just too
busy with my baby to think about it much. I'm much more comfortable
though, that's for sure.

Em wrote:

"Jill" wrote in message

I really do! While pregnant I wanted to sleep on my stomach, and be

able to

eat, and not have heartburn, and to get some stamina back etc.

But since she was born a week early and I really wasn't expecting it I

am a

little sad (although very happy)........I MISS feeling her move inside

me. I

miss her butt being lopsided to the left and sticking out. I miss her

big

foot sticking in my right rib all the time, and the hiccups she got

every

day for hours, especially at midnight.....she still gets those a lot

out of

the womb. But I miss it....

When I began my daily yoga routine again at about 3 weeks post-partum, I
leaned forward into Child's Pose and was suddenly struck with a wave of
emotion and I missed my big belly there before me so much. My eyes
actually suddenly filled with tears.

It was also weird, because after I got pregnant, I would look at my
poochy belly and feel weird that I hadn't said goodbye to my "old body"
and flat stomach, because I knew I wouldn't have it again. As it was, my
old body (flat stomach, etc.) came back really quickly after the baby
was born, even though I fully expected it to be permanently changed
somehow. So, then I felt like I hadn't said goodbye to my pregnant body
and my big round baby belly. Apparently, I can't win!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, almost 8 months old!