Old January 5th 11, 02:19 PM
osote osote is offline
Junior Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa aka Surfer View Post
alt.support.single-parents or ASSP was a really dysfunctional news group. This discussion was in July 2003. In November 2003 a city bus ran a red light into my car and killed me. I had a NDE. I came back to life but my life was over. My son did go to foster care. I ended up getting very little medical care, lawyers wouldn't keep my case, so I moved away and started over. I just googled myself. All these years later I have gone to therapy, gone through women's support groups, gone to Al-Anon which is for family of alcoholics, and pursued numerous medical treatments. I've been to psychics, shamans, churches, everywhere. It is very hard to raise a child alone, way harder to do it poor. All of the hatred and shame that was heaped on me would have been better served had it been aimed at the men who abandoned me and my son, the men who abused me and my son, and all those women who took their side against me.

I wish people would fight the real enemy in this world. I wish people could have more compassion. I wish for more love in my life.