Old October 4th 03, 02:17 PM
T Murphy

Default Gifted Programs in Seattle area public schools

Hi all,

I'm considering a move to the Seattle area and need
information about school districts to research where we
should consider living.

My oldest son is in 4th grade and is in his school's gifted
program. His skill and interest is math/science.

My middle son is in 1st grade and it too young to be in the
program. The director has told me that he strongly believes
this son will qualify when the time comes (they start
evaluating in kindergarten). This child's gifts are in the
liberal arts, but not, so far art/music.

I would like to hear about other families' experiences with
districts in the greater Seattle area. Good experiences are
preferred, but not-so-good are ok as well. Please give me
the school/district/city names as I'm just learning the area
and still don't know my way around. I've found the
Washington State School website, but it's all based on
district and school names.

I've already spoken to our district's program director and
he's given me some good info on what to ask once I find a
district I'm interested in, but I've got to figure out who
to talk to.

TIA,

T, T & T's mom

Please TAKEMEOUTOFHERE if you'd like to reply by email.

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com