Old July 7th 03, 03:04 PM
Ruth Shear

Default Reminder charts for midnight madness?

G'day

Gary wrote:

As a new father of twin boys I often find myself at 3 AM, when I am
not thinking very clearly and do not have loads of patience,
confronted with one or more unhappy babies.

Great to see Dads helping out so much. Just wanted to give you a pat on
the back.

Digestion/peristalsys/gas is usually loud groaning (I also don't
know what to do about this except let it happen).

From another thread on mkb about gassy babies...

I also find that carrying baby around on their belly, along the
long part of your arm, helps.

I was just going to suggest this. My mum showed me this when DS
was born. It helps get gas out of both ends 8-) I always found
this a better way to burp DS. You put their head facing towards
your elbow, drape their body over your forearm and hold their
stomach in your hand of that same arm. You can stroke or pat
their back with the other hand. DS used to give out some jolly
good belches and then fall asleep like that.

Hope that helps

DrRuth
Mum to Joshua Eamon (Nov 15th, 2001)
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~drruth/joshua/