Old November 14th 03, 04:01 PM
Melissa

Default Yet another "ready for solids?"

"Akuvikate" wrote in message
om...
I know people post questions like this all the time, but...

The plan is to start Bug on solids at 6 months, which will happen in 3
and a half weeks. However I'm really beginning to wonder if it may
not make sense to start a bit sooner. Why I wonder:

[snip]

2. She's been interestedly watching us eat for a while now, but I'd
say lately she's watching us avidly. Of course she reaches for lots
of things, but I swear she's more interested in trying to grab what
I'm eating than other things in my hands.

DD is fascinated by watching us eat and will reach for whatever we're
eating. However, if we try to give it to her to eat, she pushes it away.
Although she is on solids now (she's seven months), she's not showing a lot
of interest in eating herself, only in watching us eat. The same goes for
drinking. If I'm drinking from a cup or sports bottle, she wants to try.
However, if she actually gets water in her mouth, she spits it out.

I read somewhere to try giving the baby a spoon or empty cup to play with.
If they're content with that, then they might be more interested in the
utensils than the food itself (like dd).

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03