Old September 25th 04, 04:34 AM
Karen O'Mara

Cele wrote in message . ..

We had a similar one here a few years back. The girl was Dawn Marie
Wesley. She named the girls who were bullying her in her suicide note,
and they were charged and some convicted.

We also had the Reena Virk case on the island where Reena was beaten
to death by bullies. Some were convicted and one is going into the
third trial.

Both girls were 14.

Just awful. I'm sure we've all been there when we were kids...
witnessing a bully without intervening, being a bully, or being the
target. It's such a pressure zone out there and nobody really knows
who to tell or what to say at the time.

Hopefully, talking about it with our kids and raising sensitivity will
help somehow.

Karen