Old September 30th 03, 10:28 PM
mitch

Default OT poll c-section recovery time

Alicia wrote:

Hey ya'll, I'm just wondering, for any of you who have had a c-section, when
did you begin to feel like you had something like normal energy again? For
this last week I've been so utterly exhausted. I have been walking every
day, sometimes for a couple of hours, sometimes shorter, as well as doing
some household stuff. But suddenly I crashed big time, that was about 5
days ago. I think I have a touch of PPD, my baby nurses every 1.5-2 hours
and I am soooo tired. I've had to cut back on walking, chores around the
house and social visits. My baby was born 7 weeks ago. What are your
experiences?

(((Alicia)))
My DD was born 4mths ago and even now if I were to try and fit as much
into the day as you are I would be off my feet completely. If I hit
the shops for the day like I did a couple of weeks ago with my sister
I really know it for the next week.
With DS I can honestly say it was a GOOD year before I felt anything
like normal. But then DH would quip I'm not normal anyway.
Cut yourself some slack or it'll only take longer. You've got a
brilliant excuse to just chill. Use it. BTW did they give you iron
supplement? It can help. I was very aneamic both times. This last
time they wanted to do a tranfusion. I refused and asked for some
injections then they followed them up with tablets. Which I'm still
on. The main symptom was utter exhaustion.
Take care and go easy on yourself.
love Mitch.