Old September 12th 03, 03:05 PM
Chris Smith

Default 10yo birthday party ideas needed

Chris Himes wrote:
Our school participates in the Science Olympiad and has a big 6th
grade learning fair each year where everyone does some of the
activities. One favorite is "mystery architecture" where you give
groups of 2-3 kids a bag with straws, string, tape, some index cards,
and they have to make the tallest tower that will hold a tennis ball
at the top. Another is a balloon race, I've forgotten the exact
rules, but you have helium balloons and you tie weight to the strings,
the goal is to have your balloon reach the ceiling in the slowest
time. You could do an "egg lift" instead of an "egg drop"--make
something for the balloons to carry the eggs aloft.

Hey, that's neat! I coach that activity for a homeschool support group
in town. Unfortunately, both of those two events (Mystery Arch and
Balloon Race) are gone this year. I really liked both of them.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation