Old November 23rd 03, 05:50 PM
shirley

Default names question

Ok, names, names, names, my grandfather's name was Moses (of course he would
be 115 now so I guess that wasn't so unusual back then, and also my DH's
grandmother's middle name was Dorcus (from the Bible), again, we thought it
odd but she too would be about 109 now so the end of the century turned out
some interesting names. I do know a Cletus though, he's 70 something and
from the south.

Shirley

Subject: names question
From: "C Straka"
Date: Sat, Nov 22, 2003 8:10 PM

"Andrea" wrote in message
Of course, I won't be willing to name my son Jethro, because of the
Bodine/Clampett
implications.

This thread has me chuckling about one of my sons' classmates. Cameron

kept
talking about "Cletus", so I was imagining a cross-eyed child in a red
flannel plaid shirt. Turns out the kid's name is "Keidis".

Claudia (whose children have non-hillbilly names Alison, Timothy,

Cameron)

Hmmph. Cletus is my grandpa's middle name. But my great grandparents

gave
their kids some *doozy* names.

If you ever meet the kid's parents, ask them if they are big fans of the

Red
Hot Chili Peppers.

Lori
-who never watched the Beverly Hillbillies and would think of Jethro Tull
before any TV show upon hearing the name Jethro.