Old September 8th 08, 03:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health
Nikki

Default Do you give your baby a Vitamin D supplement?

Anonymous User wrote:
We are in a region with low number of sunshine hours per year. Yes, I also
heared that 20 minutes are ok, though I understood 20 minutes *with the full
body* exposed to the sun light are sufficient. If only the face and hands
are exposed, I believe the baby needs to stay much longer outside. Which may
be a problem.

I think if you lay him on a blanket in a window it would also be OK as
long as your window doesn't block out part of the light. I was told to
do that with one of my newborns to help with the jaundice. If you are
really worried I'd just give the supplement and not stress about it
though

--

Nikki