Old November 14th 03, 11:02 AM
Donna Metler

Default And ANOTHER school calendar change

"chiam margalit" wrote in message
om...
dragonlady wrote in message

In article ,
(chiam margalit) wrote:

We get email today from the principal notifying us that Dec 1, the
monday after T'giving, is now a school day whilst before it was a day
off.

I give up. I'll just send the kids to school when I feel like it, and
the heck with the calendar.

Marjorie

Let me know how that approach works out for you . . .

ROTFL. Wouldn't you just love to do this though? You know, who wants
to get up at 6:20 every morning when you could just cruise in at oh,
say 10:00 and drop off the kiddies. :-)

Actually, that's one of the biggest problems in my inner city school. Our
attendance rate is great, but we have a substantial number of parents who
bring their children in an hour or more late on a daily basis. My first
period class usually is missing at least 2-3 students, who will end up
coming in either part way through the period, or during second or maybe
third.

Similarly, some of the parents start picking students up as much as an hour
early. In some cases, these are the same children.

Marjorie

meh