Old May 23rd 06, 03:17 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated

Default Expulsion Notification

Cathy Kearns wrote:
I wouldn't expect to hear anything from the administration on disciplinary
actions that did not involve my kid. Think about it, if your child, in a
rare lapse of judgement, did something spectactularly stupid, would you want
the administration broadcasting it to everyone, or would you prefer they
take care of it between you, them, and your child?

I suppose it depends on the legality of it, or on whether
it endangers others. I think my kids know, though, how
fast the grapevine works in this town. There are so
few secrets.

Thanks for your responses. As I noted in an email to
one, part of my reaction is tied to general frustration
with the new administrators at DD's school. There was
a *big* staff turnover last Summer. It's not been a
smooth transition.

Don't even get me started on DS's principal.

Scott DD 12 and DS 10