Old November 16th 03, 07:43 AM
Greg Hanson

Default Psych aggression to kids almost 100% Am families Straus sez

I'm NOT impressed with the Scientific method employed by
Fox, Field and Strauss.

They seem to be good at making big statements without proof
and when their study is proven wrong, they quietly shrink
from admitting so.

To start out with statements like:

"I am confident we will find that, because of its negative
consequences, psychological aggression is unacceptable at any level."

certainly seems to indicate that they are starting
with a premise rather than a question.

I would worry also that they are getting into a territory
here where they can fudge the numbers based on how
the information is labeled and coded.

It seems that they failed to show that spanking actually
causes harm, and now they are out to show that even non-spankers
are doing it all wrong.

Every parent who ever utters a complaint about a child's
behavior or performance is according to these clowns
guilty of ""psychological aggression"" ??

This has reached a level where even a large number
of non-spankers or anti-spankers might indeed get FED UP.

Is the goal to make a situation where kids can't
be given any criticisms, COMMANDS or ORDERS
from their parents?
Because those would be taken as "unkind words"?

"because of its negative consequences, psychological
aggression is unacceptable at any level"

To say this about something that they already
report is in 100% of all homes, is bizarre.

Even the flakiest of Berkely style parents failed this test.

Are we headed for a new level of "social crime"?
Where nobody is ever supposed to say something that
somebody else might not want to hear?

Are there any non-spankers and anti-spankers that
see just what in INSANE direction this research
is going?

Ignore this "unacceptable at any level" stuff
at the peril of your own family.

Child Protection can now remove ANYBODY's kids!

You thought verbal and talking it out was
the way to go, but now it looks like while
you don't spank, you do MORE of this kind of
"psychological aggression".

How long will it be before it is an offense to
make kids get up in the morning or make them do
something they don't want to do? Child Removal.