Old October 16th 05, 04:09 PM
April & Bump

Default shave or not

LOL, I had the same thought earlier in pregnancy, but now that I'm 34 wks
along I can tell you that I couldn't shave anything down there without
taking my life in my hands! Not only can I not see, I can barely reach
without getting into unstable positions. Plus you have to consider the
itch of regrowth or ingrown hairs coupled with recovery from perineal
trauma.
I'm going for just trimming up with electric clippers with a good safety
guard. No regrowth issues, and still keeps things cleaner with lochia,
etc.
Just to anticipate your next question , on the advice of several nurse
friends, I also intend to do an enema at home prior to going to the
hospital. I figure it can't really hurt and might make me less self
conscious about pushing. (although realistically it might make no
difference whatsoever on the "poop during pushing" issue...just give me a
false sense of security)

That's it for TMI for the day!
Amy
EDD 11/25/05

Hi V

Yeah your right actually, my feet have disapeered and I am beginning to be
top heavy so it might not be a safe option to shave with a razor, might just
go with the trim option.

As for the pooping advice LOL, with my 2nd son who was born naturally but
sadly we lost him, I gave no thought to pooping during the actually labour
and I couldnt honestly tell you if I did poop or not, apprarantly the body
emptys the bowels b4 labour anyhow so dont worry to much over that.

Good luck with your delivery, its nearly here, are you scared at all yet.
Its really funny because although I have done this 2 times before I am still
absolutely terrified and keep having panic attacks over the whole situation
and wishing the ground would open up and swallow me up so I dont have to
meet labour day