Old September 29th 10, 12:59 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.health,sci.med
dr_jeff

Default Gut flora

On 9/28/10 7:51 PM, carole wrote:
wrote in message
On 9/28/10 6:50 PM, carole wrote:
"Bob wrote in message

Really? The pharmaceutical industry does not determine which journal
articles are published. Further, with the internet, they can't surpress
anything.

don't kid yourself, the mass media, the medical journals, and school
textbooks are tightly controlled.

The conspiracy theory rears its ugly head.

Rather, modern medicine and science require that hypotheses and theories
be supported with evidence.

And for that very reason, they derail alternative therapies on cooked up
reasons before they get the chance to do any studies.

There's NCCAM - National Center for Complementary and Alternative
Medicine, part of the National Institutes of Medicine. Though they spent
about $1 billion in research on conjecture-based medicine (alternative
medicine), they have yet to find any evidence that any alternative
medicine works better than placebo.

The reason why research on alternative therapies are derailed is that
there is no scientific reason to believe that they work and no evidence
to support them.

You know about the four humours? That is what today's allopathic medicine
will look like in 100 years.

There is a great book called, "Doctors" by Sherwin Nuland. He talks about
the origins of the four humours.

The four humours are a classic example of ignorance of how the body works.
That you support this ancient and disproven idea says volumes about your
inability to understand science and medicine.

I have. I suggest you do the same. The conjecture of the humours (I say
conjecture, because there is no evidence for them) is utter rubbish. It
may have made sense based on what was known about the body in the 1500s,
but based on what we know now, it is rubbish.

Enough said. You're ideas are not worth my time.

Jeff