Old October 24th 03, 10:27 PM
shirley

Default First dental appt....what age?

Yes, yes, yes. My DH even sent kids home without doing ANYTHING on them
when they were acting out. Rather than give them a bad taste (another ha,
ha), of their experience, he chose to let them ride with the flow.

Shirley

"Twinzmommie" wrote in message
I used to work for a pediatric dentist and we saw children as young as 2

years
old.

For children that age it was mostly a short visit to familiarize them with

the
office, the Dr and staff. Depending on how the child was behaving, we

would
give them a ride on the magic chair, count their teeth and go over

brushing and
healthy eating habits with them.

Many kids did not come in until 3 and that is OK. I personally would not

wait
longer then 3 based soley on my experiences working with kids and

dentistry.
Five years old seems a bit late to me.

Hope your girls have a great experience!
Michelle
Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael