Old September 23rd 06, 02:35 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.pregnancy,misc.kids
toto

Default Need Advice: Breastfeeding with 3 older (13+) stepson's

On 22 Sep 2006 14:04:35 -0700, "cjra" wrote:

Definitely. Case in point - I grew up with a mom who cooked everything
from scratch. I learned a lot from her and I also cook most things from
scratch. Compare SIL, whose mom cooked everything from packages. She
doesn't cook, not only that it never occurred to her that you *could*
cook things from scratch. You should have seen her face when we told
her we were making mashed potatoes and she didn't see the box! It's all
about what's in your frame of reference. The mroe you see something,
the more normal it is. I've no doubt my 10 yr old niece will one day
nurse her kids - or at least try to - should she have them, after she
spent so much time with me whilst I was nursing her beloved new cousin.
She was enthralled with it all.

OTOH, my dil's mother cooks everything from scratch, but dil does not
know how to cook, nor does she have much interest in cooking from
scratch. She occasionally tries to do some, but since there are no
recipes to follow, only a mom who knew what to put into things, she
usually ends up bringing home food from her mom's house. She has even
brought food from her mom on the plane from Chicago to New Orleans
(it freezes well, so she can then thaw and reheat it).

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits