Old May 31st 07, 08:15 PM posted to alt.child-support
John Meyer[_2_]

Default Got my notices from the state sanctioned thieves the other day

Bob Whiteside wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
Bob Whiteside wrote:
"John Meyer" wrote in message
. ..
So I get my notices of tax intercept the other day, and now I'm playing
the "wonder how long it's going to take them to actually credit my
account." We have two notices, one from state and one from federal.

State of Colorado: 119.00 May 23
Federal: 852 May 18.

I wrote to one of their bureaucrats, Reuben Luzano, who took the stand
that what they did was not stealing because I didn't complain at the
administrative hearing.
Federal tax intercepts can take 3-4 months to get the money to the

state.
State tax intercepts are faster and usually take less than a month to

apply
the money.

It sounds like the state is charging you interest. If that is the case,

you
should claim the date of withholding is the date of payment and cite the
language in 42 U.S.C. 654b.

On a side note - Change your exemptions claimed so you don't have any

refund
at the end of the year.

Can you get me the specific language to cite?

(c) Timing of disbursements

(1) In general

Except as provided in paragraph (2), the State disbursement unit
shall distribute all amounts payable under section 657(a) of this
title within 2 business days after receipt from the employer or
other source of periodic income, if sufficient information
identifying the payee is provided. The date of collection for
amounts collected and distributed under this part is the date of
receipt by the State disbursement unit, except that if current
support is withheld by an employer in the month when due and is
received by the State disbursement unit in a month other than the
month when due, the date of withholding may be deemed to be the date
of collection.

That's what I thought it was. Now I have to find out exactly when this
interest is charged (the colorado cs web site lists payments but not
debits).