Old January 27th 06, 04:55 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default how long does it take for your milk to dry up?

Anne wrote:
Sidheag, I wanted to say something, but thought this time it was probably
better to bite my tongue, it's exactly the expectation of this post
occuring that I have in the past encouraged Betsy to feed straight from
the breast, but I understand that his is difficult for her.

Betsy replied:
It is not difficult. I just hate the feeling of a baby sucking on my
breast. I also hate the feeling of a pump sucking on my breast, but
marginally less.

difficult was a cover all term, I suppose I thought "hating the feeling" =
"difficult to to", I know in the worst part of my PND difficult was an
appropriate word, I couldn't bear him touching me, so it was difficult to
pick him up and latch him on rather than let someone give him a bottle.

Betsy, are you going to go back
and see about getting a different drug?

I am now on Remeron, which I absolutely love. However, they advised
against BF'ing on this particular drug because of the lack of studies. I
continue to feed Emily my milk though, because I am taking half of the
lowest dose possible. I am taking half of a 15mg tablet in the evening
and it is working great now. I'd rather have her on my breast milk for as
long as possible.

don't know anything about this drug, is it an SSRI?

Anne