Old March 28th 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
Gini

Default In the Best Interests of the Children Revisited

"Beverly" wrote
At any rate, we need to propose a bill that calls for personal
responsibility by using logic AND emotion. And the emotion should not
be about what is happening to the fathers as MUCH as what is happening
to the children. Face it... America is not ready to see a man as the
victim even if they are. I once had a friend who was arrested for
domestic violence after his wife beat the crap out of him BECAUSE we
are not ready to see a man as a victim.

==
The idea that women are victims and men are victimizers is fairly well
entrenched in our society and
it will be a long road to change that perception. On top of this is the fact
that *men* see themselves
as inferior to women. Case in point: The nutrisystem commercial where the
man says that his wife doesn't
think he's nearly as disgusting as he used to be. Let's try that statement
coming from a woman and see how
that goes over. Or, how about the man who had his female co-worker's
blackberry and then shows him nursing
a head wound when she gets her blackberry back. How about we let him thump
her on the head. Now the kicker--
my husband thinks those ads are funny. What I think is funny--William
Shatner getting a cheaper room rate
because he sweet-talked the female receptionist and rubbed her hand. I'm
guessing the NOW types are trying hard to get that
one pulled.