Old March 7th 09, 08:22 PM posted to alt.child-support
DB[_4_]

Default COURTS REFUSE TO SEE FATHERS AS NECESSARY

Children have a right to both parents, the State needs to keep their greedy
hands out of a family's business!

"Dusty" wrote in message
http://www.silive.com/siadvance/stor...970.xml&coll=1

COURTS REFUSE TO SEE FATHERS AS NECESSARY
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Staten Island Advance
I read with interest how "More Staten Island dads are waging custody
wars."

But I keep asking, "Why?"

Why do custody courts "award" the child of divorce to one parent (usually
the mother) if both parents are fit and loving?

And why do these same courts order the other parent (usually the dad) to
pay child support if both parents earn an equitable amount?

Could it be because the state has a stake in broken families? Many people
do not know that for every child support order, the state receives money
from Washington. And the larger the child-support order, the more the
state receives.

I guess my cry of "why?" is actually a cry of "Waah!"

The only aspect of sole custody sadder than taking a child away from a fit
father is taking a father away from a child.

When will our legal system realize this wisdom? Children need both
parents!