Old June 4th 04, 06:08 PM
wizardcat

Default "Extreme" attachment? (kind of long)

Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad to hear that this won't go on
forever. Last night was her first colic-free night (she fell asleep
for the night at 6:30!), and I think once we are over *that,* her dad
will be better able to handle the rest.

We're flying to my hometown for her baptism in two weeks (had to have
it out of town to accommodate the godparents and a relative who is too
ill to travel). I'm kind of dreading that, but I suppose I'll just
warn people she is wary of those she doesn't know...

wizardcat

Angela Schepers wrote in message news:dnIvc.37562$3x.36491@attbi_s54...
I'm happy Quinn doesn't discriminate. He seems equally happy or upset
with anyone just yet though I seem to be the only person who can calm
him down when he does get upset. Of course all of this may change, he's
only 3 weeks 6 days old but I too am sure that he knows his mama from
anyone else though I think that he enjoys extended time cuddling with
his daddy more than me (due to DH's comfy pad in front, lol).

Jill wrote:
"Nikki" wrote

I don't think it is related to stranger anxiety. I think it is 'not with
mother anxiety' and some babies have it in abundance.

I agree. Rachel is just over 3 weeks old and already exhibits this. My mom
insists it is because we haven't taken her "out around people" and are
keeping her to ourselves and spoiling her etc. I do not believe this at all.
First of all a 3 week old baby has no business being hauled around just for
the hell of it and I do only take her to her doctor's appointments at this
point. Our neighbors love her (our neighbors on each side!) and so she is
held by a lot of people other than just me, so there is no way i think this
is a sign of things to come etc-- but she knows her mama, and she definitely
cries sometimes seemingly just because *I* am not right there with her.