Old September 11th 04, 12:52 PM
Ms Louise Clayton

Default Runaway teenagers

Hi All

I have placed posts here before asking if anyone lives in small country
towns and have lack of services and support by way of family.
this post is wanting to hear from parents who have runaway teenagers.
my 16 yr old daughter ran away from her loving home some months back and I
have been lucky enough to hear about her exploits which now have become
dangerous, since leaving she has been pregnant lost it, continuing a abusive
boyfriend relationship, he was the father of the kid. she has just recently
been gang raped by school mates and undergone a rape from the son of the
family she chose to run away too.
wants nothing to do with me and this of course is very difficult.
would be interested to hear from other parents with a similar situation and
how they coped other than ringing everyone under the sun and being told she
is 16 yrs old and can do as she pleases.
I have exhausted all the avenues I can think of so maybe with a few more
parents with thinking caps on they might come up with a way to at least get
some measures put in place that will keep her safer from anything more
happening to her
Thanks
Chloe