Old September 25th 04, 01:11 AM
Betsy

"Istara" wrote in message
. ..

Paul Griffiths wrote:

"Istara" wrote in message
. ..

Purchgdss wrote:

snip

Nothing better than a good swing at the park or a great sprinkler at

the

neighbors (or even your own!)

Agreed again but is that an invitation?

Sure! My backyard swing and sprinkler are always open to all! Heh,

maybe

instead of a meeting somewhere in the middle of North America where it's

cold,

we should all meet in the south in the summer for a swinging and

sprinkler

party. Embarass our teenagers and thrill our younger ones!.......

Hey that could work! Someone loan me a younger child for a week so I

can

torment my Teen....

Hmm... We live in The South - in Georgia, USA - in a semi-sub-tropical
sort of climate. We have a swingset... A sprinkler... A 3-foot snap-set
swimming pool... A dog to run with... and an acre-plus back yard. We do
hay-rides with the lawn tractor and utility trailer, around Halloween.

So far so good.

You can borrow my nine-year-old (as long as you have him back by
bed-time)... And we ALWAYS have bubble stuff under the kitchen sink. :-)
You wouldn't want to be here in high summer - temps run around 100
degrees with 90+ % humidity during most of July and August - but April
thru June and early September are usually perfect for sprinkler parties
and cook-outs. :-)

Sounds like another good plan. Gonna be a busy year next year. :-))

snip

Lord knows a ROCK has more fashion sense than I. I need all the help
can get.

We only have your word for this. Maybe you're better than you give

yourself

credit for.

sigh At the risk of embarassing myself, this has been drilled into me

by my

friends who are honest enough to send me home to re-coordinate my

colors.

Whoda thunk Flourescent Orange and plum purple would create such a

scene. 0;-D

Hey, at least you wear COLORS. I usually get sent home - if my friends
can find me - because I'm wearing such blah colors that I fade into the
background scenery. :-)

Spent much time in Special Forces have you?

(grin) Nah... Used to be a jail officer. When you're a 5-foot 4-inch
female, dealing mainly with 6-foot-plus drunken males, with an occasional
violent offender coming along for variety, the ability to do a quick-fade
becomes a survival mechanism - they can't hit you if they can't see you,
but you can sure drop them if you can catch them by surprise.
Unfortunately, wearing a uniform so much of the time plays hell with a
person's off-duty fashion sense, especially when they didn't have much to
start with. :-) Which I didn't.

Now I get to wear hospital scrubs in bright colors and patterns, starting
next week... And am probably going to have to take someone along shopping
to avoid getting plain blah green. :-) Anybody wanna going scrub shopping?

~ Dor

I will gladly lend you my expertise in this area. Being a nurse, having had
to wear "whites" during school, I went hog wild once I was allowed to wear
'anything that makes your patients smile.' My advice...stick with pastels;
lavender, teal, light blue. I wear plain colored slacks and multi
patterened tops. What type of office will you be working in? Helps to sort
what type of atmosphere to the kind of tops you wear. Being in Pediatric
homecare now, Scooby doo and pooh bear fit quite well. Lucky me!!

Betsy