Old September 17th 04, 10:24 AM
Betsy

"Cele" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:11:46 GMT, "Betsy" wrote:

You don't say what his diagnosis is, or why he's on meds. Certain
medications can cause such outbursts, as well as these same outbursts
being
part of the condition for which he is being treated. For example, I know
child who has ADHD, and at the drop of a hat, he'll start crying, or
suddenly scream at his mother, "I HATE YOU!" It's an unfortunate part of
the ADHD.

Gotta tell you, that's not ADHD. ADHD is about attention and lack
thereof. Whatever else emerges, can be fallout from mismanagement of
ADHD, can be fallout from the stress of dealing with ADHD, can be
because the child isn't really ADHD and has been misdiagnosed, but in
and of itself, that's not ADHD.

ADHD is about attention and activity level, full stop.

The other stuff is kind of extra embellishment, which may or may not
happen, depending on a whole host of exciting life circumstances.

Sorry to be pedantic, but I had a flash of accuracy and it grabbed me
and put me in a lockhold until I made this post......

Cele

No Problem Cele. I didn't say her son had ADHD. I said I have seen similar
behaviors in children with ADHD. I would never try to diagnose or
reccommend a disorder to anyone. Just pointing out that her son's behavior
may well be a part of his diagnosis; something to be dealt with in that
manner, rather than a slam from him to her parenting style. That was the
intent of my post.

Betsy