Old September 17th 04, 03:47 PM
Cele

On 17 Sep 2004 12:12:09 GMT, oaway (Joelle) wrote:

It counts without minimising what others of us have
experienced.

I'm not minimizing anything you've gone through. But what she described about
her son is so close to what my son has gone through....is what I meant. I don't
know what you've gone through with your daughter. You don't know what I've
gone through with my son. Some similarities, but I think I know more about
kit's son than you do. Doesn't diminish anything you've been through.

That's fine. And it wasn't personal.

Sometimes, you have *such* good advice, and so much to offer, and your
perspective is bang on. I just wished, in this case, you'd talked
about what *you* know without the compare and contrast.

Remember what I said about getting defensive under pressure? ;-)

I'm not feeling defensive; my kids' experiences aren't what I turn to
for my sense of self worth. :-) It's just that the turn of phrase
seemed to send a message I thought warranted comment. If I
misinterpreted, my apologies. :-)

Hey, say a few for us over here, if you're willing. I'll take all the
prayers I can get, any time. Life's hard enough, without turning down
the prayers and good wishes people offer....

I'll pray for anyone, whether they turn them down or not :-)

Heh. Works for me.

Maybe you and I are caught in a communications warp....

It's just a jump to the left!

Take care.

Cele