Old May 1st 06, 01:41 AM posted to misc.kids

Default riding lessons

"Cathy Kearns" wrote in
. com:

In a newsgroup who readers seem to agree that anything you
can do to make your child safer is worth it, I hesitate to
post anything about horses. Despite helmets, boots, and
bomb-proof horses there are safer endeavors...

well, yeah, but at least he's not asking for an ATV
actually, we're planning on getting a team of draft horses in
the next year (there go my hay bills!), so i want him to have
some experience around horses first.
thanks for the tips. i have found a local place that runs a
week long Pony Day Camp (8am-4pm) that includes horse care,
tacking up, grooming & riding. one could sign up for multiple
weeks as it runs from mid-June to the end of August. they also
do private lessons. i'll have to take him along when i check
it out though. since he does have sensory issues, i need to
see how the instructors deal with things like that.
lee
--
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the
guise of