Old May 15th 07, 12:54 PM posted to alt.mothers,misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Robert Watson

Default CHICKEN POX - advice please

grett wrote:
Hi - my two boys (2y 9m and 12m) have just broken out with chicken
pox.

Any advice?

Also do you think my 12m boy will be okay, and do you think he'll get
it again later on in life, or is this it?

Chances are they will be fine after a few days. With both of them, you
need to make sure they are drinking enough. They tend to scratch at
their lesions, so watch for infection.

If they stop drinking (you can tell by how much they pee) or their
lesions look like they are getting infected, call your doctor (chicken
pox is really infectious - make sure the doctor's office knows you're
coming before you get there so they can prevent others from getting it).

This should be the last time your sons get sick with chicken pox, unless
they get shingles later.

Jeff

Thanks
Wish me luck!!!