Old June 28th 04, 02:04 AM
Cathy

Default Any NZ Shortland street fans? (Yes, it is on topic!)

Unadulterated Me wrote:
Cathy wrote:

Having seen the final episode of Friends, with Erica giving birth
lying on a bed (as did Rachelk many episodes earlier), I was
expecting to see much the same from Waverley. How surprising then
that she got to hospital, was on the bed for having her BP taken,
and then spent the rest of the time upright and leaning on the bed.
It made such a change to see a birth as I would like to have one
(not in bed)!!

Cathy

Are you a kiwi too? I'm in Wellington :-)
I didn't see it because I can't stand Shortland Street but it sounds
like a nice change from the stereo typical hospital birth scene :-)

Yep, I'm in Tauranga. I only watch Shortland Street because sometimes it is
nice to have junk t.v. on (and I'm a sucker for any baby scenes at the
moment, hence Friends and E.R)! The scene certainly wasn't stereotypical,
which amazed me. Especially as one a few weeks earlier was the typical woman
lying on a bed scene.

Cathy