Old August 26th 03, 06:51 PM
Kender

Default How do you decide?

My girls did well together in Kindergarten. One of the main reasons we
separated them for 1st grade is a strange one. I am tired of shared
playdates and invitations! The kids in their class felt if they invited one
over for a playdate then they had to invite the other one as well. The
competition and stress of two girls sharing one friend was huge. This year
with them being in separate 1st grade classes I am hoping this trend will
die out. I think having their own friends and space outside of school will
be a big benefit.
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

"Andrea" wrote in message
This is the first year that I have had the option of putting my girls in a
different class, since their preschool has three 3 year-old classes. The
director called me to ask if I want them in the same class and I told her

I do.
At the end of last school year I asked Jordan & Madison's teachers how

they did
in the same class....did they play with other children or stick together,

etc.?
The teachers said they did very well in the same class and that they were
surprised that one of them was not more dominant than the other. They said

that
with all the other twins they have had one twin was always more dominant

than
the other. They both have different interests (Madison's favorite thing at
school is art and Jordan's is music) and when I dropped them off last year

they
almost always went into 2 different directions. Jordan has been clinging

to me
a lot lately too and I think it will help her to know that Madison in the

room
with her.

So I'm pretty confident I made the right decision, but then I started

thinking
about other factors that should be considered when they get older. I am

going
to make the decision on a year by year basis, but I would like to hear how
those of you with twins in school have made your decisions over the years.

TIA,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old