Old June 25th 03, 05:20 AM
Cele

Default PLEASE HELP US Find Missing MN Girl

On 24 Jun 2003 13:21:16 GMT, oaway (Joelle) wrote:

You know I'm really surprised by the number of people angry at the Mom for
letting her 5 year old walk a block in a half by herself. I gotta tell you,
the whole world is not New York City. When my kids were little, they walked
more than that around town and there are little kids around here.

And if a 5 year old is in danger, so is a 13 year old but I'm still not locking
up my kids. I'm sure Mom and Dad feel guilty enough - you know 20 20
hindsight. A little compassion here.

Here, here!

I didn't let mine walk around at five without my watching, but that
was right for where I lived. (Extremely right, as it turns out, 'cause
it's where T was raped, at 13. So I'm with you on the ages thing as
well.)

And you're bang on accurate, IMO. If a person has lost a child due to
an error in judgement, they don't need more crap on their heads. Their
lesson is over learned already. If they lost their child without it
being due to an error in judgement, they don't need guilt trips
either.

So. I'm with you.

Cele