Old January 11th 07, 03:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

Default Homemade fruit juices and Pregnancy

Anne Rogers wrote:
Is it safe to drink homemade fruit juices during pregnancy? I have read
that unpasteurized juices are unsafe. It is recommended that one eat
fruits everyday, however, one cannot drink freshly squeezed juice ! I
am confused!!

I've not heard that unpasturised juice is unsafe,

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2001/201_safe.html

I'm not sure it's even pasturised anyway,

Almost all juice in the US is pasteurized.

However, what you juice fresh is fine. It's the
processing and storage of packaged juice that can cause
problems. As long as your juicer isn't contaminated,
freshly squeezed juice should be fine.

Best wishes,
Ericka