Old March 9th 06, 09:16 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default birth control reccommendations?

"oregonchick" wrote in message
So, here it is 3 months post partum, and I'm just now starting to consider
my options for birth control. I was on depo before, but gained weight and
didn't care for the hassles of going in for an injection every 3 months.
I have always had super irregular cycles though, and with depo I had no
period at all... I liked that! But my doc says there are bone density
issues coming out now with depo, so I'm looking into other things. My doc
is suggesting an IUD, but I've heard bad things about that in the past,
and also wonder if you can feel it there? We are not planning on more
children, so I wish my husband would just get the procedure, but he seems
pretty reluctant to do anything permanent. Whatever I choose, I am
assuming I will still have irregular cycles, and wonder if the only
treatment for that is still taking the pill?

so many questions! and I'm still not even sure I'll ever want to have sex
again! lol...

Betsy

I'm using the "mini-pill", as it is better for breastfeeding than the
traditional pill. You have to much more regular in taking it though, can't
forget in the a.m. and just take it later in the day.
I've had no side effects (I did fine with the traditional pill too).

Amy