Old August 10th 05, 05:24 PM
Anne Rogers

I'm with Ericka and Nikki, no need to have them all close together, I
know both my gran and mum wanted more and wanted them close together,
my dad put his foot down with my mum and my gran had quite a traumatic
2nd birth and was told to wait longer (her 2 had only a 16month gap)
and once she had waited she no longer wanted it. My feeling right now
(number 2 is 2 months old) is that I would like a third, but sometime a
long way in the future, I feel I need to physically recover from this
pregnancy and physically prepare for a future pregnancy. I may find out
that by the time I'm ready in terms of physically being able to cope
with another pregnancy I may no longer want a 3rd, I might be too used
to sleeping and having a little bit of time to myself!

I've found going from 1 to 2 quite easy, if we were to have a 3rd
before number 1 goes to school I think that would be very hard, having
to do everything with 3 children, when you only have 2 hands, right now
if I have to I can carry DD with one hand and hold DSs hand. Lots of
little things like that can add up to making life really hard. 3 also
seems to require planning in terms of equipment and space, it can be
very difficult to fit 3 car seats in a car for example. You often need
an extra bedroom, whether that be loosing a spare room, or a house move
or extension. All in all it does sound rather tricky to me!

Cheers

Anne