Old August 23rd 06, 03:15 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking
Angel Mom

Default Would you spank in this situation?

If I had told my daughter not to drink wine or alcohol, yes, I would
have spanked her. But I think this was a trivial offense, unless
previously discussed and forbidden. I let my two daughters taste and
even drink wine at dinner beginning when they were twelve. One is now
32, the other 19. Neither has ever been drunk and don't respect people
who are. There is no charisma attached to people who drink, nor to
those on drugs as well.

Amanda wrote:
Hello

I got a terrible infection, Im better now. Back to work and to Google.
How is everybody? How is La Vonne?

I have a question to those parents who consider spanking a good
disciplinary tool (though everyone can answer, of course). With this, I
just want a beter understanding of what such parents think. I oppose
spanking, but many parents believe in it

In the situations below, would you spank you daughter?

My 12 yo daughter was studying with one of her friends, the same age,
at her home. They ended up alone. There was a bottle of wine. The girls
got curious and ended up drinking some wine. I got to know because my
girl knew that was wrong, felt bad with herself, and decided to tell me
the truth. She apologized and was afraid I'd be disappointed and she'd
lose my trust. I forgave and told her I loved her honesty and still
trustef her. But since she did something wrong, she had to write an
essay on the dangers of drinking, specially underage. So, for a week,
she had to spend about one hour a day on her essay, after homework,
before hanging out with her friends. I wouldn't call this a punishment,
but a lesson, though, of course, writing essays on this is not
something a 12 yo girls likes. I think it was a good solution, a
corection without resentment.

Some parents told me she should have got a harsh spanking and say
she'll do it again. I don't think so.

What do you think?

My girl knew she wouldn't be spanked, though she knew she' might be
grounded. Would she have told me what happened if I was a spanking
mother? (I didn't ask her)

My girl asked me what I would do if I had got to know that by someone
else. I got embarrassed and said I'd sure wait for a while until she
herself told me.

Amanda