Old May 20th 04, 02:30 AM
Nancy P

Default Placenta attachment causing bleeding (?) vs. Blighted Ovum... Questions (m/c ment.)

"Melody" wrote in message
I'm just *confused*. I'm hoping someone can help me Theory 1: (Mind you

I am NOT an auditory person, I'm a visual person so I
may not relay what she said with great accuracy, I'm hoping someone can
figure out what I'm talking about.) Is that there's been some sort of
bleeding between the placenta and where it attached for some reason or
another and that's what's causing my spotting. She said this is fairly
common and some women spot for days because of it, others have spotted for
up to 4 months. She said this condition will not affect the viability of

the
fetus. Likely? Anyone heard of this? This is a new one on me...

This sounds like a subchorionic hemorrhage, which I had in my last
pregnancy. Its basically a blood clot that bleeds itself out. I spotted
from about week 10 to week 16, and had a few instances of heavy
bleeding/cramping where I was convinced I was miscarrying. My midwife put
me on pelvic rest until my 18 week ultrasound showed that it was gone. I
now have a healthy 4 week old girl.

Good luck, I hope this turns out well for you.

Nancy