Old September 24th 04, 06:31 PM
Jack H.

"Marie" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
I keep telling myself I'm being paranoid, but it's not helping.

My boys will be 17mos old tomorrow: subtract 9 weeks for their

prematurity
and they're still 15mos. But they're not talking: at all. And I can't
tell how much they understand either. They scream, grunt and babble in

full
sentences, but no words.

15 months is very early to be worrying about them speaking. Talk to them a
lot, it helps!
I found it was really hard to sit and talk with the kids, there was always
an interruption and my energy for the kids was always not at it's peak due
to the constant demand of twins.
I worried a lot about Abigail but she is doing ok.

Back in June, when they were at a neo-natal follow-up, the pediatrician
pegged them at 14mos (their actual age) for their motor skills, 12mos

(their
corrected age) as far as social skills and problem-solving went, and at
about 10mos for communication skills. At the time, he emphasized the "do
not worry" approach, saying that we should get on the waiting list for a
speech pathology assessment, but the problem would "...almost

certainly..."
clear itself up.

So tomorrow they go for hearing tests, and next month we're likely to get

call from the speech pathologist for an appointment. And I haven't

noticed
any change in their comunication since June.

I want to know what's going on, but I don't want to know there is

something
wrong with my babies. Does that make sense?

Marie
Chris and Alex--born 04/23/03 at 31wks gestational :-)

Good luck with the tests.
How did they turn out.
Jack