Old June 16th 07, 08:12 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Linda

Default should I nightwean?

"Engram" wrote in message
u...
Irrational Number wrote:
linda wrote:

Thing is, I might
be one of those women that don't get a period as long as I'm still
nursing even infrequently, plus what if I can't have another baby -
I would be depriving her for nothing. But on the other hand, if I
am going to have troubles having another kid surely I should be
trying to get pregnant in case it takes a while - or not??

Ahh... what a difficult decision. In your
position, I would keep nursing day and night
for another couple of months and see what
happens. I got AF back at 11 months with
Pillbug and 16 months with Rocky. Both times,
I was still nursing strong.

As Anita said, keep going if you want to and see what happens. I got
pregnant with DD when DS was 6 months old and still nursing strong. I
didn't even have my period back. I went off the minipill and two weeks
later - BAM! Up the duff. LOL So even though you're not menstruating you
may actually be ovulating. Some women do.

Aren't there ovulation test kits? Grab one and see what's going on with
your body.

Engram

Thats a good idea, I'll do that. My fertility problem (in theory) is that I
will sometimes only ovulate once every few months when things are normal,
and any emotional disturbance can affect that as well. So I doubt I would
be ovulating, but it's certainly worth checking - my system is messed up
enough that you never know!

Thanks