Old December 20th 05, 06:02 PM posted to misc.kids

Default doll house

"bizby40" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
I don't know that this will be helpful to you, but my parents just got
my DD (who is also 2) a Fischer Price Little People doll house for
Christmas. Of course she hasn't seen it yet, but my guess is that she
will just love it. She really loves her other Little People toys and
books so I would bet that she will feel the same about this. I guess
its not really a "traditional" dollhouse, but their stuff certainly is
sturdy.

I second this. It's very age appropriate. DD10 got one
for her 2nd birthday. We have her on tape jumping up
and down with excitement when she got it! You can
get a wooden fancier one when she's older.

My 6yo daughter got the Fisher Price house when she was around 2yo as well.
She's still playing with it, although she has a number of other plastic doll
houses as well.

Perhaps in another year or two, I will get a fancier wooden dollhouse with
all the wonderful furniture for her (or, to be completely honest, for me--I
always wanted one as a child), but with a 4yo still in the house, I think
it's a bit dangerous to invest in something that potentially fragile and
expensive.

But really, for a 2yo, the FP model is perfect!
--
Be well, Barbara