Old December 15th 07, 12:43 AM posted to misc.kids
Chris

Default Organic milk / hormone free milk

On Dec 14, 5:51�pm, enigma wrote:
Chris wrote
oups.com:

If they are getting adequate fat intake elsewhere, the
minor difference in milk levels can be tweaked accordingly.
You need to find out how much fat is recommended in kids at
certain ages and then see how they are doing without
consumption of milk to gauge it. My 2-year- old is 40
pounds and is on 1% milk. His pediatrician evaluated his
individual situation, which is one varied in diet and a
nonpicky eater, and decided that the extra found in the
milk was not a necessity for him.

your 2 year old weighs 40 pounds? my 7 year old weighs 47
pounds. and he's hardly a picky eater. he just doesn't eat
much at a time.
lee

Yes. My 8-year-old weighs 50 pounds and my 10-year-old weighs 63
pounds and they are both tall and thin as rails. The 2-year-old isn't
obese by any means; he still has the baby look though. He is just big
all the way around. He is over 3-feet tall as well at 38" inches. The
last time we went on vacation, people would ask him how old he was and
he couldn't answer. Their guess was 3, but he was only 15 months old
at the time. My first two both weighed 22 pounds at a year and only 23
pounds at 2 years, so he is definitely big. I have a foot stool on
which I placed the footprints of the first two when they were 2 1/2
(my daughter) and 4 1/2 (my first son), and when this baby was 16
months old, we added his to the footstool -- his foot at 16 months was
only 1/4" smaller than my daughter's at 2 1/2 and just even slightly
smaller than that still of my first's at 4 1/2. He has big hands too.